Hunter Park Kindergarten

Welcome to our Blog.

Monday, June 22, 2009

More balloon experiments

Jo and Kate have been doing more experiments with balloons, and another favourite straws. Baking soda and vinegar inflate a balloon.
It works even better with a jug of hot water.
Today with Jo away sick, I built a helicopter spinner before Kate arrived and let her know what I had done. (She had expressed a desire for one to Jo last week, and I didn't think there would be much time to help Kate build her own later in the day.) After she finished sculpting a playdough bug, Kate came and got me and asked if we could go outside and try it. I started the ball rolling and then she began to experiment. My design however wasn't how Kate imagined her one will look, so though she became very attached to it, I suspect she'll be building her own soon.
Meanwhile I'm having fun with our second oldest camera (takes smallest size video) and some rather basic software I found for editting movies. It's main advantage is it lets me save it in a format other than dvd, (naming avi, mpeg or wmv) perfect for uploading. But with 1 hour upload times on our broadband for a five minute 48mb movie, I'll keep them small for now. (New faster broadband due in area sept 2011). (Any tips welcome. )

David.

No comments: